Westinghouse Arts Academy Charter School is a non-profit, public charter school serving students in grades 9-12 with an interest and talent in the arts. We are focused on delivering exceptional instruction in academic studies as well as digital arts, studio arts, literary arts, dance, music, and theatre in a student-centered blended learning environment, combining computer-based learning and face to face instruction with a focus on personalizing instruction. WAA utilizes a flex mod scheduling approach allowing students to have voice and choice in when, where, and how they learn.
The role of the teacher at WAA is different from the traditional classroom teacher. Our teachers work in teams and are facilitators of student learning, monitoring student progress, and delivering personalized instruction based on data and observation. Substitute teachers will be active participants in the instructional process.
- PA Instructional I or II in any area, 7-12
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related area
- Ability to use technology to transform teaching and learning
- Previous or current experience in the arts (preferred)
How to apply:
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please indicate what position(s) you are applying for in your cover letter.
|Start Date||when needed|
|Deadline to Apply||ongoing|